OPM Inc. is recruiting a full time sales engineer with have a minimum of 10 years work experience in sales in the OEM manufacturing or mechanical engineering industry.
Location: Remote, preferably in the Houston, TX area
The ideal candidate will have a proven history of:
- Setting and meeting sales targets.
- Be self-motivated, setting up meetings in advance with clients and manufacturers representatives (MR’s) driving new opportunities.
- Cooperate with overseas offices and if necessary hold “off hour” meetings with OMS and customer engineers.
- Be willing to travel as required both domestically and internationally.
- Prepare and present quarterly sales presentation to the Management Team of OPM.
- Report directly to the managing director.
- Maintain existing accounts and source new business (85%)
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers in several industries.
- Talk with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine requirements.
- Collaborate with customers to understand customer requirements and provide technical sales support.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
- Coordinate with OPM accounting and liaise with customer related to any issues related to deliveries and open invoices
- Coordinate with OPM China operation related to new RFQ’s and new business opportunities directly generated or by MR’s
- Provide technical support with improved materials or machinery to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production.
- Help in researching and developing new products.
- Ensure OPM and client meets terms and conditions as defined in the master supply agreements.
- Assist in the annual preparation of the sales and marketing plan, goals, trade event and action plans for existing customers and provide senior management targets for new customers.
- Provide an annual budget for review.
- Coordinate with MR’s for new client meetings and existing client relationships.
- Maintain a weekly action register and updates on new opportunities.
- Hire additional MR’s as required.
- Set MR’s monthly goals and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate with companies providing B2B services, involving articles on technology, social media, and advertising.
Bachelors or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Working knowledge of current CAD software.
Thorough understanding of Sales/CRM tools and systems. i.e. Salesforce.
Capable of analysis and review of:
- Machining processes and product routings
- Control plans
- D-FMEA, P-FMEA
- Cmk and Cpk analyses
- Risk analysis
- NPI process
To be agreed